Sunday 11 April 2010

Software Troubles

The European PSK Club (EPC) of which I am a member runs an extensive programme of awards for those who like to work data modes. All the awards must be applied for using their "Ultimate EPC" software, into which you load your electronic logbook.
Intially this worked fine for me and I successfully applied for a couple of awards. However over the past month or so the software appears not to run properly. I have tried using both my windows 7 and windows XP based machines. The software keeps telling me it is out of date-even though I am using the latest version, uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh copy does not work. So for now my EPC awards collection is on hold.The software provided by the 30 metre Digital Group "U30", although very similar in design seems much more robust and user friendly its a shame the two software authors can't get together. If anyone reading this uses the EPC software perhaps you can let me know if you've had problems.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin, I tried to apply for some new certificates couple of weeks go and did get a server error. So...I got problems as well. Don't know a solution, I guess the problem is on their side. It's not that important to me, so I will not try and solve the problem. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bas,

    I guess I will just wait and hope they solve the problem someday!

    73 Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Guys, I ran into this problem with the software too. If you change the server it uses to send info, the problem will go away. Cant remember exactly where the setting is as im at work sorry.

    Cheers,
    James 2E0JCA

    ReplyDelete