Tuesday 30 November 2010

Do not open until Xmas!

I have ordered a new VHF/UHF dual band radio which arrived today. It appears to be a re-badged TYT TH-UVF1. This rig is a Luiton LT-UV.
The TYT version had a favourable review in this months "RADCOM" (The Radio Society of Great Britains's monthly magazine). The TYT was on sale for £99.95 but the Luiton was only £79.99 (approx €95.70).

Anyway since we are close to the Christmas season I have decided that this will be my Christmas present to the shack and therefore it will not be opened or used before Christmas! Expect a short review over the holiday season.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice little handheld. Hope you'll have a lot of fun with it....just in a few weeks. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get on with the radio? I've got the TYT TH-UVF1 version. At this stage I'm still twiddling the settings and haven't spoken to anyone on it yet!
    Graham - G3YJR

    ReplyDelete