Saturday 16 April 2011

More work on the TS830

Here is the 830 minus its covers



One of the replacement 6146Bs


The two valves in Situ





Pa compartment cover screwed back on!


The good news is the 6146bs I had work. The neutralisation process I am not sure about however. As the handbook suggests I tuned the rig up on 28.500, turned the SG switch on the rear off and using my R1000 receiver adjusted  TC1 for a minimum "s" meter reading on the R1000. The only problem was that I didn't get a sharp reduction in the S meter reading, in fact it didn't vary much irrespective of where TC1 was. So I left TC1 more or less where it was with the old PA valves.
At present the rig now has healthy RF output with a pa current well within the specifications. Everything seems stable with no fuses blown so far. I may get a local amateur friend to look at the PA neutralisation issue again before I use the rig in anger though!

1 comment:

  1. Good evening Kevin, good to see the rig is coming along and very good idea to have things double checked just to make sure all is ok.....better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete